POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another test image : Another test image Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:28:39 EDT (-0400)
  Another test image
From: Greg Edwards
Date: 1 Mar 2003 19:50:15
Message: <5uo4aatm80da.1vz81td2bfk8o$.dlg@40tude.net>
You'll notice something very unsettling about the green ball...

It's the other feature of my patch (currently engeniusly titled GE-POV) --
no_radiosity. This feature works in the same way as no_shadow or no_image
only it affects radiosity calculations.
What is the use of this you might ask? If you want to have a visible light
source as a bright ambient object but still have a conventional light
source inside and use radiosity, the light from the ambient object and the
conventional light source would conflict resulting in overexposed lighting.
This effect is especially dramatic when you use really bright objects (eg.
ambient 10) to create visible "dings" on objects as opposed to the
unrealistic specular component. Using no_radiosity on the ambient object
for the visible light source would fix this issue completely.
no_radiosity is used not only on the green ball but also on the ceiling
light ambient object to prevent the double lighting conflict issue.

PS. dispersion_jitter, the first feature of GE-POV is demonstrated in my
guessing game article posted yesterday.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'no_radiosity-test.png' (76 KB)

Preview of image 'no_radiosity-test.png'
no_radiosity-test.png